HSK & HSKK
From January 02 to February 10, 2023
Date of application
Saturday, March 18, 2023
- HSK I: 35.700 colones
- HSK II: 57.120 colones
- HSK III + HSKK BÁSICO: 110.670 colones
- HSK IV + HSKK INTERMEDIO: 124.950 colones
- HSK V + HSKK AVANZADO: 146.370 colones
- HSK VI + HSKK AVANZADO: 167.790 colones
how to enroll
Enrollment only in person.
You can make the payment through the following options:
- Through Online Registration by clicking here (This link will open in a new window)
- Bank deposit, in the Banco Nacional account number: 100-01-000-140077-9, detailing: Project 2444-01, your name and surname; then you can send the receipt to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank Transfer, Fundación UCR legal ID 3-006-101757 and the IBAN account would be CR88015100010011400776, indicate in detail: Project 2444-01, your name and surname; then you can send the receipt to the email: email@example.com
- In person, at our facilities, west side of the School of Architecture at the Rodrigo Facio Campus, San Pedro
*Once the payment is made, you must send the following to the email firstname.lastname@example.org:
- 1 photo of the proof of the bank transaction
- HSK and HSKK form duly completed with the personal data that you can download in Attachments.
- 1 passport-size digital photo (if you register for both exams (HSK & HSKK) you must submit two passport-size photographs).
- 1 Photocopy of the identity card.
- *If you do not present all the requested documents you will not be able to take the exam.
Refunds for tuition
Money refunds will be applied only in cases of group closure. Likewise, if by mistake a sum greater than the registration amount is charged, the corresponding refund will be made.
It is important that the student is sure of his or her enrollment, since under no circumstances is the enrollment freeze or requests for refund of money for course payment applied.
The procedure for the refund of the money consists of filling out the MONEY RETURN FORM which can be found attached below this information or withdrawn at the Institute's reception. You have 5 working days once the closure of the group has been notified to carry out the procedure, otherwise the refund will not be applied.
* NO MONEY IS RETURNED FOR PAYMENT OF THE HSK OR HSKK EXAM: It is important that the student is sure of his or her enrollment, since under no circumstances is the enrollment freeze applied or requests for refund of money for the payment of the exam. hsk or hskk exam. The refund will be processed only when the enrolled course is closed by the Confucius Institute of the UCR.
**Prices are subject to change according to the dollar price exchange rate.
The HSK (Hanyu Shuipíng Kaoshì) or Chinese Standard Test examines the ability of non-native speakers to communicate in Chinese in their daily lives, study and work in accordance with the Chinese Language.
Proficiency Scales for Speakers of Other Languages and the plan study of the HSK exam. The test consists of six levels and serves as a prerequisite for foreign students to study in China and apply for scholarships; for foreigners to work in China, apply for permanent residence, immigration, etc. It is also widely used by multinational companies as a key basis for recruitment and promotion.
The HSKK (Hanyu Shuiping Kouyu Kaoshi) is the internationally standardized Chinese language level oral exam. It is the oral version of the HSK exam and measures the oral communication skills of non-native Chinese speakers in daily life situations, as well as academic and professional relationships. It consists of three levels: basic, intermediate and advanced.
Anyone interested can enroll and take the exams organized by the IC-UCR.
¿What are the advantages or uses of HSK and HSKK?
In accordance with the regulations of the Chinese Ministry of Education, foreign students can enroll in credit-bearing courses at any Chinese university or college based on their test results. The results can also serve as a reference tool for employers when making hiring decisions. As of 2014, the HSK and the HSKK are requirements to apply for the UCR Confucius Institute Scholarships and the summer camp scholarships as established by CIEF.
HSK results are valid for two years (from the date of the test)
The new HSK is an international standardized test of Chinese language proficiency, whose emphasis is on the evaluation of the Chinese language communicative ability of candidates whose first language is not Chinese in fields such as work, education or social . HSK includes a total of six levels, namely HSK (level 1), HSK (level 2), HSK (level 3), HSK (level 4), HSK (level 5), and HSK (level 6).
The levels of the new HSK and its correspondence with the Chinese Language Proficiency Scale for Speakers of Other Languages (CLPS) and with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) are shown. then:
The number of words in the CLPS CEFR vocabulary is listed next to the description of the test parts.
HSK (level 1)
100 Level 1
The candidate who passes HSK (level 1) can understand and use some very basic Chinese words and phrases and can satisfy specific communication needs; He also has the ability to continue the study of the Chinese language.
HSK (level 2)
300 Level 2
The candidate who passes HSK (level 2) can use the Chinese language only in everyday matters familiar to him and have simple and direct exchanges: the candidate has achieved his first mark of basic level of the Chinese language.
HSK (level 3)
600 Level 3
The candidate who passes the HSK (level 3) can use the Chinese language in basic communicative tasks in the workplace, academic and social; likewise, at the time of traveling through China could face communicative tasks in most situations that could arise.
HSK (level 4)
1200 Level 4
The candidate who passes HSK (level 4) can use the Chinese language on a comparatively wide range of topics and carry on conversations; You can also communicate relatively fluently with native Chinese speakers.
HSK (level 5)
2500 Level 5
A candidate who passes HSK (level 5) can read Chinese newspapers and magazines, enjoy Chinese-language radio and television programs, and also make relatively comprehensive speeches in Chinese.
HSK (level 6)
The candidate who passes the HSK (level 6) can easily understand when listening or reading news in the Chinese language, can also fluently express her opinions in Chinese orally or in writing.
The new HSK follows the principle of "uniting the teaching with the exam", so that the design of the exam is closely linked to the teaching materials in use and the current international situation of the teaching of Chinese, since it has the double objective to make the exam promote both teaching and study.
The new HSK pays great attention to an objective and truthful assessment and attaches special importance to the development of the necessary skills in the use of the Chinese language of the candidates.
The new HSK sets explicit exam objectives that allow candidates to improve their ability to use the Chinese language in a planned and effective way.
The new HSK retains like the old HSK a well-established position as a general Chinese language level exam that caters to the needs of a community of adult language learners. Test results can serve multiple purposes:
- For educational institutions, it provides a baseline for accepting students, teaching in separate classes, waiving courses, and awarding study credits.
- For employers, it offers a reference base as a mechanism for employment, training and promotion.
- For Chinese learners, it provides a baseline for learning and improving their Chinese language skills.
- For Chinese language educational institutions or training bodies, it offers a baseline for assessing their teaching and the effectiveness of their training.
- Results report.
- One month after the end of the exam, the candidates will receive the report of the results of the new HSK issued by the Headquarters of the Confucius Institute.